Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Feeding the Body, Taxing the Brain

I recently learned about Dr. Vincent Fortenacse, a prominent nuerologist who has writen an important book. Amazon should pay me for this link.

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Alzheimers-Prescription-Science-Proven-Plan-Start/dp/1592403794

Dr. Fortenasce spells out our present and future reality-- as American's we've been burning at both ends, so to speak. Through the advancements of medicine, he says we've been able to prolong the life of the physical body by a length of close to 50 years. BUT-- we haven't been able to extend the life-expectancy of the brain by even a day.

So what does this mean in all practicality?

The way we feed and care for our bodies must do more good than harm. There are countless words written on the subject of diet and exercise. Heavily processed foods also do their commensurate damage. Meditation cures stress, also. But which do we engage in more frequently? Most of us do more stressing than de-stressing.

And, we've got to enlist the incredible powers of the brain, with at least a view to getting it exercised well.

SO-- very shortly I'll be leaving home to take a class. For a woman traveling through the middle-age of my life, this will be challenging and new.

Thanks to my good friends at Three Chicks Catering, (www.threechickscatering.com) I'm taking their class on Social Marketing in the information age. They'll cover facebook, twitter, skype, blogging, web-engine search optimizing and the Lord only knows what else. And I will make my brain learn! And it will keep me mentally fit. Also, I will eat some of their healthy refreshments. A win-win for my brain and body.

TV is passive. Engaging in LIFE is active, and healthy, and I HOPE-- will keep me independent through my 80's and 90's. Should I live that long.

Well, so get off the couch & learn something new!! And let me know what you did!
Love you all!!

No comments: