Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Destiny Project

I just finished an eight week "class," unlike any I've ever taken. It's in the model of "group coaching," so the facilitator is more like a guide than an instructor. However, let me say for myself, there was a LOT of learning going on, girlfriend!

Might this surprise you? I've spent the majority of my adult life being really annoyed with myself.

Let's not get into that right now. Remember, I'm normal, like you dear. (You might also relate with the idea of being annoyed with yourself...) Another post for another day-- or a series of posts for posterity.

Finally, just a couple of years ago, I learned to NOT say to myself, in my exasperation, "WHAT is WRONG wih you?!!"

Figuring, rightly, that there is NO good answer to that question-- as one might forsake a bad habit, I've been teaching myself not to let it leave my lips. But that doesn't mean the question didn't still live on in the inner chamber of my mind.

Surprise of all surprises: God's good timing, and intricate ways of working in the lives of his creatures, brought me into contact with Shannon Bruce, a certified Christian Life Coach with Inner Wisdom Coaching Services. And she proposed this "class," with enthusiasm and spirit.

I said no. I said no again. And finally I said, "I'm ready."

Now I delightfully recommend it to other women who are ready to "cast out into the deep" with God, but maybe don't have any clue how to get there without sinking. Shannon is kind-of like the Westport Fishing Boat captain. She can help you get to where the big catch is, and safely, because Jesus is right smack dab in the middle of her boat.

And you won't be all alone, because a few other special sisters will join you on the journey, and new friendships will be born.

That's it. I can't say any more becuase I want you to think about it and ask me questions, and I want you to look into it for yourself. There. Think. Pray. Act. And Trust-- God loves you and knows you, and knows your destiny. It is for your joy.

"Absolutely Julia" is a practical result of some of what God is doing in my life as a direct result of seeking Him in a deeper way.


The Destiny Project

A Transformational Journey for Women

"God has a specific destiny in mind for your life; one He has woven into the fabric of your deepest desires, passions and joys. He has prepared a path for you to follow, and given you a unique quest to fulfill. And He is waiting to reveal it
to you, in all of its wonder and beauty."

For more information about the Destiny Project please visit http://www.yourgreaterpurpose.com/

No comments: